15 Simple Tips for Optimal Mind & Body Health!
by Dr. Darla
1. Be grateful - Start a regular routine of morning and evening gratitude reflections. Perhaps start a gratitude journal so you and reflect back on your accomplishments & challenges to hone in on areas of correction to reach your goals and dreams.
2. Get plenty of sleep - Sleep allows the body to regenerate at the cellular level. The more sleep you get the better you will perform the next day and show up at your best.
3. Breathe deeply - Stop and make more conscious breaths over the course of your day. With brain retraining this will become a healthy habit.
4. Movement- Start a movement exercise such as Yoga, Running, Zumba, or Quoya and doing it regularly.
5. Install a shower filter - Chlorine is a poison. You don't want to inhale it or absorb it through your skin while showering.
6. Ground yourself - Literally. Plant your bare feet on the earth as often as possible. Go for a walk regularly, commune with nature, sit and reflect. Let Earth's gentle vibrational frequencies bring down and retrain your own biorhythms back to stress free homeostasis.
7. Eat organic when possible - Chemicals are killing pests on the crops. They are not good for you either.
8. Smile more - It feels great :)
9. Spend more time with loved ones - In our busy lives we need to make time for the people who matter to us most.
10. Live your passion - Do more of what you love and remove negative influences whether people, places or "things" in your life that no longer serve your health and well-being
11. Meditate- Set some time aside each day to sit still in silence to rest your mind.
12. Drink clean water - Get a filtration system for your drinking water. Fluoride is not good for your body.
13. Remove Negative Influences on your Health and life long well-being. Start to remove influences in your life that no longer support your health and well-being
14. Eat plenty of greens - Dark leafy greens are rich in vitamins, minerals and chlorophyll. They help alkalize the body.
15. Book an online session to get expert advice grounded in empirical science. Dr. Darla offers psychoeducation, behavior modification training, parent training, C-Suite image management and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) training for business success. Also somatic based self- calming and brain retraining programs using Virtual Reality and Muse, the brain sensing headband (medical grade EEG) to assist YOU in healing and empowering yourself so you may engage life bringing your best and highest potential as a human being.
As scholar in psychology for over 30 years, psychotherapist for over 15 years and former college professor of Behavioral Neuroscience I provide my clients a "top-self" level of science based consultations showing the overwhelming evidence that what drives human behavior (including the choices we make) are primarily governed by our EMOTIONS, not biology as a primary driver. Emotions and emotional suffering oftentimes leads to behavioral disturbances which typically results in major disruptions to your work/life/relationships. Therefore, emotional disturbances have been long established in the area of psychology as the result of a non-integrated cognitive dissonance (limiting beliefs). A trained and qualified mental health provider (QMHP) in the area of Health/Medical Psychology, such as myself can offer individuals and families a new science based perspective on your life's journey helping you to locate areas of psychological & emotional blocks bringing you back to natural ground state of being happiness, joy, peace and complete health that is sustainable for growth!
Don't just survive, thrive!